If you’re looking for a hidden gem in Indonesia, look no further than Pidakan Beach. This stunning stretch of sand and sea is located in the province of East Java, about 200 kilometers from the city of Surabaya. It is one of the most beautiful and secluded beaches in the country, offering a perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of urban life. In this blog post, I will tell you everything you need to know about Pidakan Beach, including how to get there, what to do there, and where to stay and eat there.
How to get to Pidakan Beach
The easiest way to get to Pidakan Beach is by car. You can rent a car from Surabaya or any other nearby city and drive along the scenic coastal road for about four hours. The road is well-maintained and has plenty of signs and landmarks to guide you. Alternatively, you can take a bus from Surabaya to the town of Banyuwangi, which is about 150 kilometers from the beach. From there, you can hire a taxi or a motorcycle to take you to the beach. The bus ride takes about six hours and costs around 100,000 rupiah ($7) per person. The taxi or motorcycle ride takes about two hours and costs around 50,000 rupiah ($3.5) per person.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also take a boat from Bali to Pidakan Beach. There are several operators that offer boat trips from various ports in Bali, such as Sanur, Padangbai and Amed. The boat ride takes about three hours and costs around 300,000 rupiah ($21) per person. The boat will drop you off at a small pier near the beach, where you can walk or take a motorcycle to your accommodation.
Some tips and warnings for travelers who want to visit Pidakan Beach are:
- Pack light and bring only the essentials, such as sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, water bottle, snacks, swimsuit, towel and camera.
- Avoid visiting during the rainy season (November to March), as the road and the beach can be muddy and slippery.
- Be careful of the strong waves and currents at the beach, especially if you’re not a confident swimmer.
- Respect the local culture and customs, such as dressing modestly, not littering and not making noise at night.
What to do at Pidakan Beach
There are plenty of activities and sights that Pidakan Beach offers for visitors of all ages and interests. Some of the most popular ones are:
- Swimming: The water at Pidakan Beach is clear and refreshing, ideal for cooling off on a hot day. You can swim in the shallow areas near the shore or venture deeper into the sea if you’re feeling brave.
- Snorkeling: The coral reef at Pidakan Beach is home to a variety of colorful fish and marine life, such as clownfish, angelfish, sea turtles and starfish. You can rent snorkeling gear from some of the local vendors or bring your own. You can also join a guided snorkeling tour that will take you to the best spots in the reef.
- Surfing: The waves at Pidakan Beach are perfect for surfing enthusiasts, whether you’re a beginner or an expert. You can rent a surfboard from some of the local shops or bring your own. You can also take surfing lessons from some of the experienced instructors who will teach you the basics and help you catch some waves.
- Fishing: If you’re looking for a relaxing and rewarding activity, you can try fishing at Pidakan Beach. You can rent a fishing rod from some of the local fishermen or bring your own. You can also join a fishing boat that will take you to deeper waters where you can catch bigger fish, such as tuna, mahi-mahi and barracuda.
- Hiking: If you’re feeling adventurous, you can hike along the trails that surround Pidakan Beach. You will be rewarded with stunning views of the ocean, the mountains and the forest. You will also encounter some wildlife, such as monkeys, birds and butterflies. You can hike on your own or join a guided hiking tour that will show you the best routes and points of interest.
- Camping: If you want to experience nature at its best, you can camp at Pidakan Beach. There are several camping sites near the beach that offer basic facilities, such as toilets, showers, and electricity. You can rent a tent from some of the local vendors or bring your own. You can also bring your own food and drinks or buy them from some of the nearby stalls. Camping at Pidakan Beach is a great way to enjoy the starry night sky, the soothing sound of the waves and the cozy bonfire.
I had an amazing time at Pidakan Beach when I visited last year with my friends. We did all of these activities and more, and we had a blast. My favorite part was snorkeling in the reef and seeing all the beautiful fish and coral. It was like being in a different world. I also loved camping at the beach and waking up to the sunrise over the sea. It was a magical experience that I will never forget.
Where to stay and eat at Pidakan Beach
There are several accommodation and dining options that are available near Pidakan Beach, catering to different budgets and preferences. Some of the best ones are:
- Pidakan Beach Resort: This is a luxury resort that offers spacious and comfortable rooms with balconies overlooking the sea. The resort also has a swimming pool, a spa, a restaurant and a bar. The resort is ideal for couples, families and groups who want to enjoy a relaxing and pampering stay. The price for a room starts from 1,000,000 rupiah ($70) per night.
- Pidakan Beach Guesthouse: This is a cozy and friendly guesthouse that offers simple and clean rooms with fans and shared bathrooms. The guesthouse also has a common area, a kitchen and a garden. The guesthouse is ideal for backpackers, solo travelers and budget travelers who want to meet new people and have a fun stay. The price for a room starts from 100,000 rupiah ($7) per night.
- Pidakan Beach Cafe: This is a charming and rustic cafe that serves delicious and affordable food and drinks. The cafe specializes in local dishes, such as grilled fish, fried rice, noodles and soup. The cafe also serves western dishes, such as burgers, pizzas, salads and sandwiches. The cafe is ideal for anyone who wants to enjoy a tasty and satisfying meal with a view of the beach. The price for a meal starts from 20,000 rupiah ($1.4) per person.
I stayed at the Pidakan Beach Guesthouse when I visited Pidakan Beach, and I had a great time. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the room was clean and comfortable. I also ate at the Pidakan Beach Cafe several times, and I loved their food. Their grilled fish was especially delicious, fresh and juicy.
Pidakan beach is one of the best places to visit in Indonesia if you’re looking for a hidden gem that offers beauty, adventure and relaxation. You can enjoy various activities and sights at the beach, such as swimming, snorkeling, surfing, fishing, hiking and camping. You can also find various accommodation and dining options near the beach, such as hotels, resorts, guesthouses, restaurants and cafes. You can book your trip to Pidakan Beach today and discover its beauty for yourself.
Thank you for reading this blog post about Pidakan Beach. I hope you found it informative and interesting. If you have any questions or comments about Pidakan Beach or this blog post, please feel free to leave them below. I would love to hear from you.